Open surgery - Basic open surgery (including urethral stricture /stone / oncology /conduit/benign bladder and ureteral surgery/female urology)
Laparoscopy - Ureterolithotomy, pyeloplasty, orchidopexy, nephrectomy (simple/radical), advanced laparoscopy
Endourology - TURP/URS/PCNL/STRICTURE/LASER
Transplantation - 3 year residency in AIIMS (JR), Dialysis access (AVF/peritoneal catheter/vascular graft)
Consultant Uro - Oncologist
Sishumangal Hospital (Ramakrishna Mission Seva Pratishthan)
Sri Aurobindo Seva Kendra (EEDF)
B P Poddar Hospital, New Alipore
1. Purkait B, Sankhwar SN, Kumar M, Patodia M, Bansal A, Bhaskar V. Do Outcomes of Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy in Horseshoe Kidney in Children Differ from Adults? A Single-Center Experience. Journal of Endourology. 2016 May 1;30(5):497-503.
2. Purkait B, Kumar M, Sokhal AK, Bansal A, Sankhwar SN, Gupta AK. Percutaneous nephrolithotomy of bilateral staghorn renal calculi in pediatric patients: 12 years experience in a tertiary care centre. Urolithiasis. 2016 Sep 15:1-7.
3. Purkait B, Kumar M, Bansal A, Sokhal AK, Sankhwar SN, Singh K. Is normal saline the best irrigation fluid to be used during percutaneous nephrolithotomy in renal failure patient? A prospective randomized controlled trial. Turkish Journal of Urology. 2016 Dec;42(4):267.
4. Purkait B, Sinha RJ, Srinivas KS, Bansal A, Sokhal AK, Singh V. Outcome analysis of transurethral resection versus potassium titanyl phosphate-photo selective vaporization of the prostate for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia; a randomized controlled trial with 4 years follow up. Turk J Urol 2017; 43: 176-182. DOI: 10.5152/tud.2017.20586
5. Purkait B, Sinha RJ, Bansal A, Sokhal AK, Singh K, Singh V. What is the fate of insignificant residual fragment following percutaneous nephrolithotomy in pediatric patients with anomalous kidney? A comparison with normal kidney. Urolithiasis. 2017:1-6.
6. Purkait B, Kumar M, Sokhal AK, Bansal A, Sankhwar SN, Bhaskar V. Outcome analysis of transrectal ultrasonography guided aspiration versus transurethral resection of prostatic abscess: 10years’ experience from a tertiary care hospital. Arab Journal of Urology. 2017 Jun 16.
7. Purkait B, Seema Mehrotra, Rahul Sinha Janak, Ved Bhaskar, Vishwajeet Singh. Long term outcome of laparoscopic vesico uterine fistula repair: Experience from a tertiary referral centre. UROLOJI-45389:Turkish J Urology. Accepted-23.2.17
8. Purkait, Bimalesh & Goel, Apul & , SatyawatiDeswal & Agrawal, Monica & Singh, BhupendraPal & Kumar, Manoj. (2019). Do endoscopic sclerotherapy in filarial chyluria affects renal function and morphology? A prospective study using dimercaptosuccinic acid renal scan. Asian Journal of Urology. 10.1016/j.ajur.2019.03.003.
9. Purkait B, Garg G, Singh M, Sharma A, Pandey S, Sankhwar SN. Chyluria in pregnancy: Etiology, diagnosis, and management perspective. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl 2019;30:309-14
10. Singh V, Purkait B, Sinha RJ. Prospective randomized comparison between fluoroscopy-guided ureteroscopy versus ureteroscopy with real-time ultrasonography for the management of ureteral stones. Urol Ann 2016; 8:418-22.
11. Bansal A, Purkait B, Kumar M, Sankhwar S, Aeron R and Goel S. Chain of stones in distal ureter: Is there any role of open ureterolithotomy in era of endourological intervention?. SM J Urol. 2016; 2(1): 1016.
12. Arora A, Bansal A, Purkait B, Sokhal AK, Bhaskar V, Yadav P, Sankhwar S.Transurethral Resection of Prostate and Bleeding: a Prospective Randomized,Double Blind, Placebo Controlled Trial to See Efficacy of Short Term Use of Finasteride and Dutasteride on Operative Blood Loss and Prostatic Micro-Vessel Density. Urology. 2016 Nov 15. pii: S0090-4295(16)30829-9. doi:10.1016/j.urology.2016.11.014. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 27864106.
13. Sokhal AK, Kumar M, Purkait B, Jhanwar A, Singh K, Bansal A, Sankhwar S. Emphysematous pyelonephritis: Changing trend of clinical spectrum, pathogenesis, management and outcome. Turk J Urol 2017; 43(1): xx. DOI:10.5152/tud.2016.14227
14. Sokhal AK, Sankhwar SN, Goel A, Singh BP, Kumar M, Daini D, Purkait B. A prospective study to evaluate sexual dysfunction and enlargement of seminal vesicles in sexually active men treated for benign prostatic hyperplasia by silodosin versus tamsulosin versus alfuzosin. Indian J Urol 33(Suppl 1): CKP 01, S43, 2017.
15. Bhaskar V, Sinha RJ, Purkait B, et al Renal fistulae: different aetiologies, similar management. Case Reports 2017;2017:bcr-2017-219678.
16. Bhaskar V, Sinha RJ, Purkait B, et al. Large bladder calculus masking a stone in single-system ureterocele. Case Reports 2017;2017:bcr-2017-219418.
17. Bansal A, Sankhwar S, Kumar M, Jhanwar A, Purkait B, Aeron R, Goel S. Holmium Laser Versus Monopolar Electrocautery Bladder Neck Incision for Prostates Less Than 30 Grams: a Prospective Randomized Trial. Urology. 2016 Apr 4. pii: S0090-4295(16)300620.doi:10.1016/ j.urology. 2016.03.042.[Epub ahead of print] PubMed.
18. Bansal A, Sankhwar S, Goel A, Kumar M, Purkait B, Aeron R. Grading of complications of transurethral resection of bladder tumor using Clavien–Dindo classification system. Indian Journal of Urology: IJU: Journal of the Urological Society of India. 2016 Jul;32(3):232.
19. Bansal A, Yadav P, Kumar M, Sankhwar S, Purkait B, Jhanwar A, Singh S. Foreign Bodies in the Urinary Bladder and Their Management: A Single-Centre Experience From North India. International Neurourology Journal. 2016 Sep;20(3):260.
20. Jhanwar A, Sinha R J, Bansal A, Prakash G, Purkait B, Singh V. Laparoscopic boari flap ureteric reimplantation for the management of long segment ureteral defect: A case series with review of literature. Accepted on 20 September, 2016. in urologia journal. Manuscript no-urologi-44520.
21. Sokhal AK, Jhanwar A, Sankhwar S, Singh K, Gupta AK, Durgesh Kumar Saini, Bimalesh Purkait, Manoj Kumar (2016). Does Body Mass Index Have an Impact on Prostate Volume and Serum Prostate Specific Antigen? A Prospective Observational Study in Patients with Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms. J Urol Nephrol Open Access 2(3): 1-5.
22. Pant S, Agarwal J, Goel A, Gangwar PK, Waseem M, Gupta P, Sankhwar SN, Purkait B. Does 24bp Duplication of Human CHIT1 Gene (Chitotriosidase1) Predispose to Filarial Chyluria? A Case-Control Study PC01-PC04.
23. Laparoscopic Boari flap reimplantation for the management of long segment ureteral defect: A case series with review of literature. Accepted for publication in Turkish Journal of Urology.UROLOGI-44520
24. Purkait B, Sinha RJ, Bansal A, Singh V. Spontaneous extrusion of staghorn renal calculus with nephrocutaneous fistula in a child. BMJ Case Rep. 2016 Apr 11; 2016. pii: bcr2016214762. doi: 10.1136/bcr-2016-214762. PubMed PMID: 27068729.
25. Gupta AK, Purkait B, Singh K, Sokhal AK and Saini DK. Diarrhoea as a Presenting Feature of Renal Cell Carcinoma, a Case Report and Review of Literature.SM J Urol.2016;2(2):1018.
26. Patodia M, Kumar M, Sankhwar S, Goel A, Singh S, Purkait B. Prostato-inguinal fistula: An unusual site of voiding. Can Urol Assoc J. 2015. Nov-Dec; 9(11-12):E821-2. doi: 10.5489/cuaj.3204. Epub 2015 Nov 4.PubMed PMID: 26600893; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4639436.
27. Ankur Bansal, Manoj Kumar, Ashok Sokhal, Bimalesh Purkait, Gautam Kanodia: Bilateral single system ectopic ureter with urolithiasis: a rare case entity. Urologia 07/2016; DOI:10.5301/uro.5000190
28. Case report: Nephrolithiasis in a newborn: a rare case report and review of literature. BMJ case report-id-bcr-2016-218391
29. Purkait B, Goel A. Factors Affecting Outcomes of Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy in Horseshoe Kidneys. Urology. 2015 Jun 1;85(6):1523-4.
30. Bimalesh Purkait, Vikas Kumar, Satya Narayan Sankhwar: Wideband Doppler Ultrasound-Guided Mini-Endoscopic Combined Intrarenal Surgery as an Effective and Safe Procedure for Management of Large Renal Stones: a Preliminary Report. Takaaki Inoue, Hidefumi Kinoshita, Shinsuke Okada, Shuzo Hamamoto, Makoto Taguchi, Takashi Murota, Tadashi Matsuda. Urology2016may25. Epub 2016 May 25. Urology 10/2016; DOI:10.1016/j.urology.2016.08.062
31. Yadav RN, Goel A, Purkait B, Gupta AK. Ales Vidlar, Vladimir Student Jr., Jitka Vostalova, Emilie Fromentin, Marc Roller, Vilím Simanek, Vladimir Student: Cranberry fruit powder (Flowens™) improves lower urinary tract symptoms in men: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study. World Journal of Urology: March 2016, Volume 34, Issue 3, pp 419–424. World Journal of Urology. 2016 Jul 15:1-
32. Manav Agarwal, Apul Goel, Bimalesh Purkait: "Are Urologists Performing Semi-Rigid Ureteroscopic Lithotripsy Safe From Radiation Exposure? a Guidance to Reduce the Radiation Dose." by Kim Ch, Kim Sj, Kim Mh, Kim Kt, Oh Jk, Chung Kj, Kim Tb, Jung H, Yoon Sj, Kim Kh. Urology. 2016 Jun 8. Pii: S0090-4295(16)30270-9. Doi: 10.1016/ J.Urology. 2016.06.001. Urology 11/2016; DOI:10.1016/j.urology.2016.10.043
33. Goel S, Goel A, Aggarwal A, Purkait B. Re: Nasser et al.: Dismembered Pyeloplasty in Infants 6 Months Old or Younger With and Without External Trans-anastomotic Nephrostent: A Prospective Randomized Study (Urology 2016; 101: 38-44). Urology. 2017 Mar 1;101:171.
ABSTRACTS PUBLISHED IN INDEXED JOURNALS
1. Percutaneous nephrolithotomy in paediatric horse shoe kidneys: 10 years experience Purkait Bimalesh, Sankhwar Satyanarayan, Goel Apul, Singh Vishwajeet, Singh B Pal, Sinha R Janak, Kumar Manoj. Indian J Urol 2016; Supplement 1.
2. Management of vesicocutaneous fistula originating through bladder diverticulum after open prostatectomy Purkait Bimalesh, Singh Siddharth, Yadav Manoj, Patodia Madhusudan, Sankhwar SatyanarayanIndian J Urol 2016: Supplement 1.
3. A prospective study to evaluate sexual dysfunction and enlargement of seminal vesicle in sexually active men treated for benign prostatic hyperplasia by silodocin versus tamsulocin versus alfuzocin. Sokhal A K, Sankhwar SN, Goel A, Singh BP, Kumar M, Saini D, Purkait B. Indian J Urology. Supplement-2017, January.
4. Transperitoneal laparoscopic ureteric reimplantation for lower ureteric stricture and ureterovaginal fistula.a tertiary centre experience. V Singh, RJ Sinha, B Purkait, V Bhaskar. Indian J Urology- January 2017. Supplement1.
5. Sigmoid vaginoplasty in a case of testicular feminizing syndrome. V Bhaskar, Sinha RJ, V Singh, Purkait B. Indian J Urology- January,2017. Supplement.
6. Retroperitoneoscopic pyeloplasty for the management of pelvi ureteric junction obstruction in horseshoe kidney. A safe and feasible approach. Purkait B, Singh V, Sinha RJ, V Bhaskar, S Goel. Indian J Urology- January 2017. Supplement.
EDITOR IN BOOK CHAPTER WRITTEN:
34. KGMU book of clinical cases in medical sciences, the Georgians. Chapter-Carcinoma Penis, Carcinoma urinary bladder, Carcinoma testis, Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), Carcinoma prostate, Metastatic carcinoma prostate. Editor in chief-dr. Ravi Kant, Additional Editor In Chief-Dr Shally Awasthi, Partridge India. 2016.
PRESENTATIONS IN NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES:
1. Attend Urology Resident Course (URC 2016), Singapore in July, 2016 as a nominated fellow from USI- India Olympus International Travel Fellowship.
2. Attend UAA conference 2016 in Singapore as a delegate.
3. Observer ship in minimally invasive and Robotic urology surgery in Singapore General Hospital and National University Hospital, Singapore.
4. Title: Use of holmium: Yag laser in posterior urethral valve: another method of fulguration. Author: Bimalesh Purkait, Apul Goel, Satya N Sankhwar,Vishwajeet Singh, Manoj Kumar
Conference: International SGPGI pediatric urology update, 2-4th Feb, 2015
5. Robotic Surgeon Council of India fellowship and attended meeting In KDAH, Mumbai, 2016.
1. Factors affecting outcomes of percutaneous nephrolithotmy in HSK between children and adult. Format-Poster
2. Unusual complication of vesico cutaneous fistula after open prostatectomy –. Format-poster
3. Assessment of mastectomy flap thickness by ultrasound and microscopy. Author: Bimalesh Purkait, Anurag Srivastava, V Seenu, Anita Dhar. Conference: SURGICON 2012, Delhi state chapter.
1. Transperitoneal transvesical laparoscopic repair of Vesico vaginal fistula: Experience of a tertiary care centre.
Panelists : Vishwajeet Singh, Rahul Janak Sinha, Bimalesh Purkait, Ved Bhaskar, Ashok Kumar Sokhal, Vikas Kumar - KGMU, Lucknow
2. Efficacy and safety of multi drugs combination therapy in Filarial Chyluria; A prospective randomized controlled trial
Purkait B, Singh V, Sankhwar S N, Sinha R J, Kumar M, Bhaskar V, Sokhal A K - KGMU, Lucknow. (Brij Kishore Patna Prize Paper Session)
3. Retroperitoneoscopic Pyeloplasty for the management of Pelvic-Ureteric Junction Obstruction (PUJO) in horseshoe kidney: A safe and feasible approach - Purkait B, Singh V, Sinha RJ, Bhaskar V, Gupta AK, Goel S. KGMU, Lucknow
Zonal: north zone usi
1. Title: Comparison of outcomes of percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PCNL) in children and adult HSKs. Authors: Purkait B, Sankhwar SN, Goel A, Singh V, Singh B P, Kumar M. Conference: USI, North Zone chapter, 25th annual conference, 17-19th Sep, 2015.
2. Title: Prostato-inguinal urinary fistula: A case report. Authors: Purkait B, Sankhwar SN, Kumar M, Goel A, Singh V, Sinha R J Conference: USI, North Zone chapter, 25th annual conference, 17-19th Sep, 2015.
3. Fluoroscopy guided ureteroscopy versus ureteroscopy with real time ultrasonography for the management of ureteral stones; a randomised control trial. Bimalesh Purkait, Vishwajeet Singh, Rahul Janak Sinha, Satya Narayan Sankhwar, Ved Bhaskar. King George's Medical University, Lucknow. Conference: USI, North Zone chapter, 26th annual conference, 13-15th Oct , 2016.
4. Are there any factors affecting the outcome of endoscopic sclerotherapy in chyluria? A prospective study. Bimalesh Purkait, Apul Goel, SN sankhwar, Bhupendra Pal Singh, Manoj Kumar, Ashok Kumar Gupta. King George's Medical University, Lucknow. Conference: USI, North Zone chapter, 26th annual conference, 13-15th Oct , 2016.
1. Title: Analysis of urinary lipids in patients with chyluria and their relation to outcome of medical management in northern India. Authors: Purkait B, Garg Y, Goel A , Sankhwar SN, Singh B.P, Singh M, Sharma K, Srinivas AK. Conference: Urological Association of Uttar Pradesh, 3-5th April, 2015. Venue: SGPGI, Lucknow.
2. Title: Comparison of three endoscopic modalities in treatment of bladder stones: Transurethral use of cystoscopy, nephroscope and percutaneous cystolithotripsy. Author: Bimalesh Purkait, Satyanarayan Sankhwar, Viswajeet Singh, Rahul J Sinha, Manoj Kumar, Ankur Bansal. Conference: Urological Association of Uttar Pradesh-2016, Kanpur.
3. Title: Grading of complications of transurethral resection of bladder tumour (TURBT) using Clavien – Dindo classification system. Bimalesh Purkait, Satyanarayan Sankhwar , Apul Goel, Manoj Kumar, Ankur Bansal Conference: Urological Association of Uttar Pradesh-2016, Kanpur.
1. 2017: Best paper award –Indian J Urology
2. 2017: Advanced Life Trauma Support (ATLS) course. KGMU, Lucknow, UP
3. 2016: USI –Olympus international travel fellowship- 2016, to Singapore.
4. 2016: Minimal invasive and robotic surgery obverse ship in SGH and NUH, Singapore.
5. 2015: Basic Life Support (BLS) course. KGMU, Lucknow
6. 2012: Advanced Life Trauma Support (ATLS) course. AIIMS, New Delhi
7. 2012: Gold Medal–Hira Lal Medal (Best Post Graduate Student in Surgery, AIIMS, New Delhi, India)
8. 2011: Training in operative laparoscopy basic and advanced surgery, AIIMS, New Delhi.
9. 2011: Ultrasound training in emergency and critical care, at 7th Winfocus world congress on ultrasound, New Delhi.