Dr Atanu Kumar Jana
Total work experience more than 45 years.
- WBHS x 4 years
- WBMESx 4years
- Clinical Fellow Children Hospital Westmead Sydney x 3 years
- Associate Professor Department of Pediatrics CMC Vellore x 2 years
- Professor and Head Department of Pediatrics CMC Vellore x4 years
- Professor and Head Department of Neonatology CMC Vellore x 17 years
- Deputy Director CMC Vellore x 1 year
- Associate Director CMC Vellore x 4 years
- Consultant in Neonatology World Health Organisation and jhpiego x 8 years
First specialist pediatrician at District Hospital Suri. Organized separate children's ward in the hospital with a grant from UNICEF.( 1987)
- Key role in organizing the new Neonatology department at CMC Vellore in the year 2000.
- Organized the Neonatology unit at Belhoul Apollo Hospital Dubai in the year 2004
- Developed LRP( learning Resource Package) Newborn care for doctors and health care workers in Afghanistan ( Afghanistan Ministry of Health)2006.
- Organised training of Doctors and Nurses in newborn care in five provinces of Afghanistan.
- Special interest in the comprehensive management of Preterm babies.