The pandemic has made us realize once again why "prevention is better than cure". The current scenario is not the best time for the world and various guidelines and tips have been released by the WHO and other authorities to avoid the transmission of COVID-19, how to best take care of one's health, ways to boost immunity, and so on. This article addresses some of those measures and why it is important to be followed and taken care of.
1) Stay indoors: Undoubtedly, COVID-19 is a dangerous and invisible enemy, with no available medication as of now. Hospitals are jam-packed with patients, which worsens the risk of the virus spreading further. The best way to prevent yourself and your loved ones from the virus is by staying inside your home as much as possible.
2) Sanitization is the key: Wash your hands and repeat this activity often. Especially if you come in contact with any object from outside or if you have gone out for any purpose. You can use sanitizer, when outside. However, it is advised that washing hands with soap and water is the best way to remove germs from your hands. Also, wash your hands for a fair amount of time, atleast 30 seconds. If you're using a sanitizer, make sure it has at least 60% alcoholic content.
3) Use disinfectants: When you're purchasing anything from outside and bringing it home, you not only have to sanitize the products but also, the surfaces you've kept them on. Sanitize door handles, doors, keys, washrooms, floors or any surface that is often touched.
d) Practice social distancing: If you're stepping out of your home in an unavoidable situation, make sure to practice the rule of social distancing by maintaining suitable distance, preferably 6 meters at all times; avoid the risk of close contact with anyone as much as possible.
4) Wear a mask: You can wear a cloth covering or a proper surgical mask but make sure to cover your mouth and nose when outside. This is a preventive measure to avoid droplets spreading from one person to another person or possibly from a COVID-infected individual to a healthy person. Do not put mask on infants less than 2 years old, or on those who feel dizzy while wearing one.
5) Cleanliness is next to godliness: As there is no solution to deal with COVID-19 so far, you have to use preventive measures to protect yourself and your loved ones from the virus getting transmitted. Make sure of your personal hygiene and your immediate surroundings by keeping them clean and sanitizing yourself time and again.
These are some generalized guidelines and measures than can be followed by everyone unless there is a case of exception. It is surely a challenging time, the world is trying to figure out ways to deal with the problem but until then, one has to take utmost care of oneself to avoid the infection. Take care by using preventive measures and remember that times will change, and this, too, shall pass.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Sudden cardiac death (SCD) is a frightening and of...read mores
Use Heart, Know Heart: The Significance of World H...read mores
In an age where health is paramount, we often seek...read mores
Vector-borne diseases pose a significant public he...read mores