The AMRI Institute of Laboratory Sciences emerged as the leading medical laboratory in Kolkata, providing complete Laboratory diagnostic solutions for routine, specialised and esoteric tests, for all organs and system specific autoimmune diseases. The state-of-the-art, immunopathology laboratory’s NABL-accreditation stands testimony to its class and precision, not just in the Eastern region, but also among the best across India.
In keeping with the philosophy of AMRI Hospitals, Eastern India’s largest private healthcare service provider, the AMRI Institute of Laboratory Sciences offers a wide array of advanced diagnostic techniques for early, rapid and accurate identification of infections triggered by a wide variety of bacteria, virus, and fungi at one go, providing an edge to test results and making a difference in patient outcomes.
Armed with top shelf equipment and technology, such as PCR Multiplex System, FC 500 flow cytometer, the BACTEC MGIT 320 System, among several other high-end instruments
Rapid Syndromic Testing for diagnosis of infectious diseases
- PCR multiplex system
- Integrates on molecular biology steps from extraction to detection
- Comprehensive panels
- Result in: 2 hours
- Targeted therapy with effective antiviral and/or antibiotics
- Rapid and targeted patient isolation
- Economic impact-
- Restricts unnecessary antibiotic use
- Less secondary interventions
- Reduction of ICU stay
Complete solution to TB diagnosis
MGIT-320 (BD): The World Health Organization (WHO) has recently recommended the use of liquid culture media for mycobacterium culture and drug susceptibility testing. With increased sensitivity and reduced delays, liquid systems may contribute significantly to improved patient management. The BACTEC MGIT 320 System helps reduce TB deaths and decrease transmission rates in high-risk areas.
Gene-Xpert: The Xpert MTB/RIF detects DNA sequences specific for Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Rifampicin resistance by polymerase chain reaction.
Cepheid GeneXpert system, a platform for rapid and simple-to-use nucleic acid amplification tests (CBNAAT).
AMRI is recognised by Revised National Tuberculosis Control Program (RNTCP) and accredited by NABL
Our comprehensive test menu:
- Rapid TB culture from --
- Pulmonary samples (Sputum, BAL fluid, ET suction)
- xtra pulmonary samples (CSF, ascitic fluid, pleural fluid, aspirates, biopsy tissue, body fluids)
- By automated MGIT 320
- Cartridge based nucleic acid amplification test (CBNAAT) for detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis & Rifampicin resistance by state of the art Gene-Xpert
- Drug sensitivity test (DST) for Mycobacterium tuberculosis- 1st & 2nd line
- Xpert-Flu for rapid diagnosis of Swine flu (H1N1), Influenza A, Influenza B
- Xpert HCV RNA PCR
Our Strength, Your Confidence
- State of the art machines (MGIT 320 & Gene-Xpert)
- NABL accreditation
- Advanced technology
- Rapid & accurate results
- High sensitivity & specificity<
- Technical expertise
- Skilled manpower
- 1st & 2nd line Drug Sensitivity for M.tuberculosis
- 24X7 laboratory services