ECMO machines are highly sophisticated devices that are used in some critical and life-threatening situations. We at AMRI Hospitals are well-equipped with a dedicated team of ECMO specialists, perfusionists, nurses, and a robust cardiothoracic panel, ensuring the best treatment and clinical outcome for our patients.
AMRI Hospitals offers ECMO support for Critical Patients
Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) is a treatment modality that uses a pump mechanism to circulate blood through an artificial lung back into the bloodstream of a critical patient. It oxygenates a patient’s blood, seeking support from outside, allowing the heart and lungs to rest. ECMO provides support when the organs cannot perform an adequate amount of gaseous exchange or perfusion needed to sustain life.
While treating COVID-19 patients, ECMO emerged as the biggest life support system when other conventional treatments had failed. Many people suffer from severe respiratory issues, causing lungs failure; the condition was devastating among asthma and pneumonia patients. The adoption of ECMO technology turns out to be the last hope for recovery. However, the procedure is challenging and is not need to treat every COVID-19 patient. At AMRI Hospitals, the selection process involves life-or-death calculus, performed by a team of experts and specialists, especially if the patient’s age is older or has a chronic health condition.
- Achieved the country’s very first instance of successfully treating a COVID positive critical patient with ECMO support
- Achieved the milestone of successfully treating a 24-year-old patient, who was on ECMO support for 28 days
- One of the most advanced centres of ‘Critical Care’ in the city offering ECMO support
- Dedicated ECMO team ready to serve round the clock
- Successfully treated patients, shifted from other hospitals through the green corridor, by ECMO support
- Highly experienced and dedicated Critical Care Team
- Achieved a very high survival rate in treating patients through ECMO support, as per International standards and benchmarks