Dr.Smartya Pulai is an eminent Nephrologist & Transplant Physician based in Kolkata. He has an experience of more than ten years in medical field. He pursued his MBBS & MD in General Medicine from Medical College & Hospital, Kolkata & DM in Nephrology from Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research (IPGMER), Kolkata. He also pursued ESENeph & MRCP Part I & Part II (Written) from Royal College of Physicians, United Kingdom . He worked in many research activities in IPGMER ,Kolkata mainly in glomerular disease & diabetic kidney disease. Apart from working as Consultant Nephrologist & Transplant Physician, he is also appointed as Assistant Professor in the Department of Nephrology, KPC Medical College, Kolkata.
1. Prevalence of non-diabetic kidney disease and inability of clinical predictors to differentiate it from diabetic kidney disease: results from a prospective performed renal biopsy study. Basu M, Pulai S, et al. BMJ Open Diabetes Research & Care. 2020; 10: eoo3058.
2. High Incidence of COL4A gene variants among a cohort of childhood with steroid resistance nephrotic syndrome from Eastern India. Sinha R, Ray chaudhury A, Sarkar S, Pulai S et al. Kidney International Reports 7(6)
3. COVID 19 in Hemodialysis: A prospective, Observational Single Centre Date from Eastern India.Ray Chaudhury A, Pulai S et al. Indian Journal of Nephrology 32(1):90.
• Participated & Presented poster in East Zonal Nephrology Conference in 2019
• Participated & Presented poster in 50th Annual Conference of Indian Society of Nephrology in 2019 organized by Indian Society of Nephrology
• Winner in Zonal Round of 5th Nephrology TYSA 2019-20, Mumbai,2020
• Participated in the Grand Finale of the 5th Nephrology TYSA 2019-20, Ahmedabad, 2020
• Participated in 2nd Interventional Nephrology Course, Singapore General Hospital in 2018
• Participated in Pediatric Critical Care Nephrology & Dialysis Course, Gurugram, 2019
• Participated in LET’s-CiDAAP, Gurugram 2019 organized by Vascular Access Society of India
• Participated in 2nd Update on Lupus Nephritis & Glomerular Nephritis, Chandigarh, 2019 organized by Department of Nephrology, PGIMER, Chandigarh
• Participated in Research Methodology Workshop on June, New Delhi, 2018 organized by Indian Society of Nephrology
• Oral presentation in 4th Regional Science and Technology Congress (Southern Region) 2019 jointly organized by Department of Science and Technology and Bio-Technology, Government of West Bengal & Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal
• Won Post Graduate Scholarship Competition in Respiratory Diseases, 2016 organized by National College of Chest Physicians (India) & Indian Chest Society
• Participated in IHTM Hematology Masterclass 2015 held at Kolkata organized by Institute of Haematology & Transfusion Medicine, Medical College, Kolkata
• Oral presentation in 1st International Conference of Indian College of Physicians & 23rd Annual Conference of API WB Branch held at Kolkata in association with Royal College of Physicians Ireland & South East Asian Countries, 2016
• Participated in 1st National Conference of Lupus Initiative Kolkata, 2017