Period Post Hospital
- 28.3.18- till date Associate Professor KPC medical college and (Joint replacement and Arthroscopy) Hospital, Kolkata
- March 2014 – 28.3.18 Assistant Professor (Orthopaedics) KPC Medical College & Consultant Hospital, Kolkata
- September 2014 - till date Visiting Consultant IRIS hospital, Kolkata
- July 2016 - till date Visiting consultant Ruby general hospital, Kolkata
- August 2017-till date Visiting Consultant AMRI hospitals, Kolkata
- August 2014 - Jan 2015 Clinical associate in Joint
- Replacement surgery Fortis Hospital, Kolkata
- March-April 2016 Clinical Fellowship in arthroscopy Wakamatsu hospital, Japan And sports surgery
- July’13 –March 2014 Senior Resident (Orthopaedics) RG Kar Medical College, Kolkata
- 2010 –2013 Post graduate trainee (Orthopaedics) Medical College, Calcutta
- March 2009 – March 2010 House Staff (ENT) North Bengal Medical College, WB,
- March 2008 – March 2009 Internship North Bengal Medical College, WB,
EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- Trauma: I have had good experience in trauma and fracture surgery including all varieties of upper and lower limb fractures
- Upper limb: Fixation of clavicle fractures (anatomic contoured as well as hook plates), Reconstruction of AC joint, PHILOS plating (proximal humerus), humerus and forearm plating, fixation of intra-articular elbow fractures and volar locking plate fixation for intra-articular distal radius fractures. I am familiar with mini-fragment fixation for hand fractures. I have considerable experience of dealing with hand injuries and tendon repairs.
- Lower limb: I am familiar with all surgeries for hip fractures including internal fixation, cemented, uncemented and bipolar hip arthroplasty. I have considerable experience of interlocking nailing of femoral and tibial fractures. I am experienced in fixation of all types of periarticular fractures of the knee and ankle including tibial plateau and pilon fractures as peri-prosthetic fractures, Lisfranc injuries and os calcis fractures.
- I have considerable experience of paediatric fractures including elbow fractures, epiphyseal fractures and TENS for long bone fractures (forearm, tibia and femur)
- Elective Orthopaedics: I have had experience and interested in, knee arthroscopy, hip and knee arthoplasty , pedicle screw fixation in traumatic paraplegia and upper limb including hand surgery.
I am treating sports related ligament injuries routinely by Arthroscopic technique, these include ACL reconstruction, ACL and PCL avulsion fracture fixation by pull out wire technique, isolated PCL injuries, multi ligament injury including PLC reconstruction, meniscus repair .
Bankart and Rotator cuff repair done in Arthroscopic technique.
Intraarticular impingement of ankle joint treated by me in both anterior and posterior ankle arthroscopy similarly in hip joint FAI is commonly treated.
I am familiar with the rapid recovery protocol for knee and hip replacement.
I have considerable experience dealing with elective paediatric conditions like clubfoot (Ponseti technique as well as soft tissue release), Perthe’s disease, SUFE, as well as other common upper and lower limb deformities.
Undertook a research during 2010-2013 in Calcutta, India entitled :
Relevance of paratricipital posterior approach in distal humerus fracture fixation.
- Ritwik Ganguli, Priyanka Pahari; Paratricepital Approach for fixation of distal humerus fractures in adult-Global journal for research analysis; volume-6,issue-6,June-2017.ISSN No 2277-8160;
- Priyanka pahari, Ritwik Ganguli; Relationship of BMI, Vitamine D, and BMD in age and gender linked population-Indian Journal of applied research; Volume-7, issue-7, July-2017,ISSN-2249-555X;
PAPER / POSTER PRESENTED:
- paper presentation on osteochondral fracture of femur at midcon 11 at swabhumi, kolkata.
- poster presentation on infected implant with tuberculosis at wboacon 12, murshidabad
- paper presentation on “para tricipital posterior approach for distal humerus fracture fixation in adult” for siliguri best paper compitition at wboacon 13 at howrah
- paper presented on unsusal traumatic anterior dislacation of elbow with triceps tendon avulsion ruptures in apulsion ruptures in a paediatric patient …in sicot 2013, hydrabad, india.
SEMINARS, TRAININGs AND CMEs ATTENDED :
- ao trauma course, burdwan, india
- ace trauma courses, ioacon 2012, ghaziabad, nodia.
- thr basic ioacon2012 ghaziabad, nodia
- eastern india initiative for orthopaedic training at nrs medical college on 10-12 th february 2010
- dr d k dhalokia cme at ioacon12 on 24 nov 2012 at gaziabad.
- pgt course at ioacon 12 at gaziabad on 28 november 2012
- post graduate instructional course at mamc,new delhi on 10 november 2012.
- post gradute instructional course at burdawan medical college at burdawan on 1-3rd february 2013
- basic arthroplasty course at howrah orthopaedic hospital,eastern railway on 28 th june 2011.
- midcon11 at swabhumi,kolkata on 12 th july,2011.
- symposium on treatment of nonunion tibia at rkms,kolkata in 2011.
- ao trauma advanced symposium on fixation of osteoporotic fractures on 3rd september ,2011at kolkata,india.
- basic cadeveric knee arthroplasty at nrs medical college on 19 june2010 .
- cadeveric pelvic acetabular workshop at nrs medical college,kolkata on 31 july 11.
- Kolkata Arthroscopy and sports surgery conference 2014
- Traumacon in Mumbai 2014
- Indian orthopaedic association conference 2015
- Kolkata Arthroscopy and sports surgery conference 2015
- AO trauma course 2016
- Kolkata Arthroscopy and sports surgery conference 2016