1. Founder member of Sabujer Abhijaan, children's wing of stride , an NGO where economically challenged and cancer survivors perform in tandem with other children in routine cultural and academic events since 2001. This is an effort to bring the children of lesser god in congruence with the society by few like minded professionals including me. This is a platform for cancer survivors of different age group to volunteer to express their experiences to the society
2. Work with HITAISHINI, a NGO formed by the Mastectomee Association of India [MAI] West Bengal Unit to spread awareness about breast cancer and supportive care
3. Organize preventive Cancer check-up (screening) for patients enrolled with the N.G.O. called CPAA (Cancer Patients Aid Association), located in Mumbai
4. Founder Patron of an NGO, called- Swasthya Jagriti Sangsthan *( SJS)* working for cancer awareness
1) National - IMA [Indian Medical Association]
AROI [Association of Radiation Oncology of India]
ICON [Indian Cooperative Oncology Network]
ONCOLOGICAL SOCIETY OF BENGAL
2) International - PROS [Pediatric Radiation Oncology Society]
ILCS [International Lung Cancer Society]
CPAA [Cancer Patients Aid Association]
ASTRO [American Society of Radiation Oncology]
ESMO - [European Society of Medical Oncology]
MASCC-Multinaional Association of Supportive Care
1. Published a handbook on 'Modern Radiotherapy" in January 2010.
2. Published as a co-author in the Letter to the editor in the Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics in -volume-XX-issue-XX, 2018.
3. Accepted for a E-Poster presentation in ASTRO2020, for the topic, Challenges faced by women Radiation Oncologists(WRO) in South Asia
4. As First author for the article-*Radiotherapy for Lung Cancer During the COVID Pandemic. A Narrative Review of Practical Recommendations, published in JMRO*
Published:Journal of Medical and Radiation Oncology 1 (2021) 99-116 DOI:
1. Received Best Paper Award in the 1st SAARC conference on Clinical Oncology held in Dhaka,,Bangladesh, in March 2001
2.Received Bharat Jyoti Award on behalf of IIFS on December 2010.
3.SELECTED FOR BEST CITIZEN INDIA, published by INTERNATIONAL PUBLISHING HOUSE ON 2010
4. Rashtra Pratibha Puraskar (2012)
5. Felicitated at MITRA MONCHO,Kolkata, on 9th February 2020, on occasion of WORLD CANCER DAY.
6. Awarded and Felicitated at George College, Kolkata, on 4th February, 2020 on occasion of World Cancer Day