Blood Disorders and Bone Marrow Transplant,Onco Sciences
Prof (Dr) Maitreyee Bhattacharya is the first D.M. Hematologist from Eastern India and has more than 25 years of experience in clinical Hematology. Prof Bhattacharya received her membership from Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC) , National Institute of Immuno Hematology, Mumbai, also she’s the reviewer of various journals like Indian Journal of Hematology & Blood transfusion, clinical chemistry & laboratory Medicine, Indian journal of pathology & Microbiology etc. Moreover she was the first to start Bone Marrow transplant in State Govt. hospital. Having interest in research work & writing, she had several publication presented in National and International Journals and wrote more than 15 books.
Activities as Scientific Experts ( panels, boards )
Members & activities
Reviewer of journal
Nodal Officer for State Thalassaemia Control Programme
State Nodal Officer for Comprhensive Hemophilia Care
Write up in Books :
1. AIIMS Haematology update : Inherited bone marrow syndrome
2. Haematology today 2014 : Treatment Free Remission in CML
3. Haematology today 2013 : Non-transfusion dependent thalassaemia management issues
4. Haematology today 2012 : Approach to diagnosis of iron deficiency
5. Haematology today 2011 : Febrile neutropenia risk assessment
6. Haematology today 2010 : Approach to neonatal anemia
7. API text book 2006 : CLL diagnosis
8. API text Book 2013 : Stem cell transplantation in CLPD
9. Thalassaemia—National guideline for management of transfusion dependent thalassaemia & NTDT ( IAP ) 2014 Fetal hemoglobin inducers
10. India Today 2011 : Recent advances in CML
11. IAP text book of Pediatrics Inherited Bone Marrow Failure Syndrome
12. API text book 2019 ABC of blood transfusion
13. HbF induction
List of publications
Practicing haematology & haemato-oncology for more than 20 years. Started first Bone Marrow Transplantation in Govt set up in West Bengal.
In December 2018, AMRI Hospitals set yet another benchmark by introducing an indigenous artificial valve for cardiac valve implantation, for the first time in Eastern India. Manufactured completely in India, the valve is not just cost effective but also meets global standards. The cardiac implant surgery was conducted on 73-year old Subhash Chandra Dutta, a resident of Chittagong, Bangladesh.