Cardiac Sciences,Vascular Surgery
• Coronary artery bypass grafting (off pump i.e beating heart and on pump ),
• Valve replacements (Mechanical and bioprosthetic) ,
• Valve repairs,
• Combined procedures like CABG and valve replacement/repairs and
• Aortic surgery.
• Surgery for Adult Congenital Heart defects.
Dr Arijit Datta is a Senior Consultant Cardiothoracic and vascular surgeon with over 17 years experience. He did his DNB in Cardiothoracic and Vascular surgery, after completing MS and DNB in Surgery. He has done his Fellowship in Cardiac Surgery from Adelaide, Australia. His main interest is Adult Cardiac Surgery. He also does Pediatric Cardiac surgery procedures . He has been involved , both individually, and as an integral member of a team in setting up of new Cardiac Surgery units, in Kolkata and outside. He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons ( FRCS , Edinburgh), and a Life member of the Indian Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons. In his present position, he has started the Cardiothoracic and Vascular surgery unit at AMRI Hospitals Mukundapur in 2016 and the program has been successfully running for over 5 years. He has interest in,
• Pediatric Cardiac surgery procedures like ASD closure, VSD closure, Intracardiac repair of Tetralogy of Fallot, PDA Ligation, Repair of Coarctation of Aorta, palliative procedures like MBTS, BD Glenn .
• Thoracic procedures like Decortication, Lung resections for benign and malignant lesions , Surgery for Hydatid cyst, etc.
• Vascular procedures, both elective and emergencies, Vascular trauma, Abdominal aortic aneurysm surgery, Peripheral arterial bypass grafting, construction of Arterio – venous fistulas and other vascular access, Embolectomy etc.