The department at AMRI Salt Lake was initially set up with the primary objective being able to cater to the basic and routine needs of a super-specialty hospital. Over the years it has developed into one of the best hospitals for ophthalmology in the country. The new department at the annex –I building of AMRI Salt Lake providesall the world class facilities like:
- Routine eye check-ups
- A complete medical retina clinic with angiography and lasers
- A hi-tech glaucoma clinic with Applanation tonometry, perimetry and 90 D examination
- A complete end to end solution for cataract treatment
- A one stop surgical retina treatment centre
AMRI Salt Lake is widely regarded as one of the most advanced eye-treatment centres in Eastern India. The department in this unit boasts of:
- A topcon digital fluorescein angiography (latest TRC 50Dx) to deliver crisp clean images of the retina via the Image net (patented) software, imported from Japan
- A Humphrey auto perimeter which has become the gold standard in diagnosis and follow up of glaucoma, from Carl Zeiss, a world leader in this technology.
- A blue green laser from Ellex corp, Australia complete with indirect ophthalmoscope delivery system (first of its kind in eastern India) for highly accurate and effective retinal photocoagulation
- A sonomed biometry machine which gives quick and highly accurate acquisition of data for lens power calculation in cataract surgery
- The Moller Wedel microscope, imported from Germany is one of a kind in the industry, with no contemporaries in the stereo base setup.
- A dedicated Fabius Anaesthesia machine capable of handling long duration surgeries in, backed by the best monitors and lifesaving equipment.